Learn about Ancient and modern Roman history as only a gay-friendly guide can tell it!
Your tour begins at the spot where Julius Caesar was betrayed and killed. Then, walk along the imperial Forum - the political and social heart of the Roman Empire. Learn about Julius Caesar and how homosexuality was viewed socially in Ancient Rome.
At the Capitoline Hill, climb 124 marble steps to reach the Basilica of Santa Maria in Ara Coeli where we'll come across a lesser known sight: the simple tomb of Michelangelo's young lover.
From here, you'll walk over to "Opium Hill" where you will visit the Basilica of St. Peter in Chains. Inside, encounter one of Michelangelo's most celebrated sculptures: the horned Moses.
Finally, stop for a drink with your group and guide at a famous gay pub on Rome's "Gay Street" while enjoying the view of the Ludus Magnus -- the ruins of the Gladiator school.
Attractions in route
*Please read included services
San Pietro in Vincoli
San Pietro in Vincoli Virtual tour to San Pietro in Vincoli Where you can serach for maps, photos, v
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Start location : Meet in Piazza dei Calcarari, next to Torre del Papito. Piazza dei Calcarari is located next to Largo di Torre Argentina. Your guide will be holding a sign with the EcoArt logo. End location : This tour ends on Gay Street, near the Colosseum.
*Mobile or paper ticket accepted
*One per booking
* Per Person Adult : from 0 to 99 : from 2 to 15 Persons
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.